⚠️ If you started using Metal Blockchain with an existing XPR Network account, you will need to backup your private key for Metal Blockchain separately. Failure to do so may result in loss of access to the funds on Metal Blockchain. ⚠️
Newly created WebAuth Wallet accounts with the seed phrase mnemonic backup will restore accounts from both blockchains.
Switching Chains & Sending METAL Cross-Chain (XPR Network to C-Chain <> C-Chain to P-Chain)
- If your METAL is on the XPR Network, you will first need to send it to the Metal Blockchain.
- Switch Chains (Preferences > Chain > Metal)
- Once you are on Metal Blockchain, tap Receive and copy the Metal C-Chain address to your clipboard.
- Switch back to XPR Network Blockchain (Preferences > Chain > XPR Network)
- Send the desired amount of METAL to the Metal C-Chain address you copied to your clipboard.
- Wait for the transfer to complete through the XPR Network Bridge to your Metal C-Chain address.
- Once the funds have arrived in your Metal C-Chain address, use the Cross-Chain function to send the METAL from C-Chain to P-Chain. (METAL can only be staked from the P-Chain)
- Tap on your Metal P-Chain balance.
- Tap Stake
- Select a Node where you would like to delegate your METAL stake.
- Select Amount
- Towards the bottom of the screen you can see Staking Duration, Estimated Reward, and Estimated Fee.
- Pick a Staking End Date. It can be changed if the node allows for longer staking duration.
- Add a Reward Address. By default your rewards will arrive to the same P-Chain address, but you can also specify a different Metal Blockchain address.
- Review stake details before Confirming. Staking actions cannot be undone.
- Congrats! You have just staked METAL to secure the Metal Blockchain.