WebAuth Wallet is a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet - meaning the private keys are stored locally on your device. Due to the non-custodial nature, we cannot stress enough how important it is to keep your WebAuth Wallet account secure.
⚠️ Private keys cannot be obtained from the WebAuth browser wallet. Make sure to backup your private keys from the WebAuth mobile app or immediately when prompted during the process of creating an account.
To find and access your private key, follow these steps:
- Click on the Settings icon on the far right
- Click ‘Backup Wallet’
- Type out "I will never give my private key to anyone else"
- Your private key will be presented here
⚠️ XPR Network staff will never ask you for your Private Key. Sharing your Private Key will allow a 3rd Party or Malicious Actor to unlock access to all of your funds. We will not be able to recover lost funds.
We strongly recommend writing down your private key and keep it somewhere physically safe. Here are some secure ways to backup your private key:
- Secure offline storage such as a physical note pad or encrypted USB Memory Stick (store in a safe place)
- An air-gapped device such as a hardware wallet (recommended)
- Password Manager with 2FA and encryption
⚠️ XPR Network staff cannot see or recover your Private Key. If you do not write it down, you will not be able to restore access to your WebAuth.com mobile account and your funds will be permanently lost. Double and triple check your backup for accuracy.